So you’re ready to unplug from work and the monotony of the day-to-day grind? If you’re like most of us you’re probably past due for a nice getaway. But you’ve went on vacations in the past and this time you want to maximize the stress-free experience and truly get the most out of your up and coming vacation. To help you enjoy your time off from work and business, here are 10 tips that will save you a few unwanted moments of stress:
- Double Check Everything! First things first. There’s nothing worse than hitting the road and then, once you’re hundreds of miles away, realizing you forgot something important. Whether it’s your passport or your toothbrush double checking you bags before you leave the house will certainly save you some stress along the way.
- Take Care of Your Health on The Road. If you’re driving and even if you’re flying, one thing is for sure, you will be sitting. A friend of ours, who owns a business based in Nashville TN says it best; “The danger of unplugging from business is that we tend to unplug from exercise and health conscious eating too.” You will definitely enjoy your time away better if you feel great too. Be sure to eat well and exercise, while you’re traveling to and from your destination (don’t stop when you get there either).
- Seek Feedback About Your Destination. Since you’re spending your hard earned money on leisure, don’t you think you should get useful feedback from other vacationers who have visited the same location? Of course! There are plenty of sites that have up-to-date reviews and suggestions for hundreds of destinations. Just go to Google and dive right in. This will definitely help you plan out the details of your vacation and ultimately get the most bang for your buck.
- Capture the Moments. If you’re like most of us, the enjoyment doesn’t stop after the vacation. You want to share the moments, that stood out the most, with your loved ones! Don’t forget to bring a good camera (your phone should do the job) and remember to take good pictures of all of the amazing experiences.
- Don’t Stress. It may sound cliche but how many of us make plans to relax and enjoy the scenery and instead we end up stressing out over things that are out of our control? This is a time to unravel and withdraw from the stresses of work, business and life and allow your mind and body to rest. Accept the fact that everything is not going to go smoothly, there will be some unexpected obstacles and challenges. But that’s life. Make a decision to not internalize it and allow it to ruin your mood and put a damper on your vacation.
But than again… we shouldn’t allow anything to cause us to stress anyway right?
So now that you read these five awesome tips for getting the most out of your vacation, go put them to use and have yourself a happy, healthy, satisfying, stress-free trip. Come back and tell us how it goes! Leave a comment below!
While you’re here, watch this short video about how to get the most out of your resort vacations below.…